Everyone wants to look and feel as young as possible, for as long as possible. Luckily, even with our hectic modern lives, there are plenty of natural anti-aging remedies and activities we can easily integrate into our lifestyles.
1. Drink water! The human body is composed mainly of water. Every time we exert energy, water gets used and extracted as urine, sweat moisture as you exhale. This is why it is advisable to drink at least 8 glasses a day, which is great for your skin.
2.Exercise in all of its forms is an essential anti-aging task. Activities that don’t put too much stress on the joints like yoga, martial arts or even cardio activities like the elliptical trainer are all greet options.
3. Moisturize! Dry skin just looks old. Moisturizers hydrate the skin and protect it from the environment. The paper-thin skin around the eyes is especially prone to fine lines and wrinkles because there are no oil glands there. A rich moisturizer slows down the appearance of wrinkles. Night creams give the skin a chance to heal overnight.
4. Find out what is your skin type.
Knowing your skin type is very important in choosing an anti-aging product because this will determine what products and recommended brands and ingredients are best for your skin type. You can do this by having an appointment with a dermatologist or by conducting your own self-test.
5. Choose anti-aging products that contain Vitamin A, C, and E.
When choosing any anti-aging product, it is best that they contain water-based Vitamin A, C, and E because these are the most effective ingredients that can help reduce the signs of aging such as wrinkles, crow’s feet (laugh lines) and other fine lines.
6. Choose anti-aging products that have antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients.
Consider choosing products that contain the antioxidants for the skin such as Ascorbyl Acid or Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A or beta carotene and Flavonoids because these can help you to achieve firm and younger looking skin while nourishing, strengthening and moisturizing your aging skin and making it look radiant.
7. Look for anti-aging cleansing products that contain fine crystals or “grit”.
Fine crystals or micro-spheres can help exfoliate the skin while removing dead skin cells that contribute to your skin looking dull and lifeless. These anti-aging products may include wrinkle erasers, facial and body scrubs and cleansers, toners, eye creams, hydrators along with moisturizers.
8. Remember to use anti aging products on all sun and weather exposed areas of the body. It has been said that the first signs of aging appears on the back of the hands. So take a look at your hands, elbows and knees and see if they could use a bit of anti aging “love”.
9. Sleep. We have always heard health experts say that people should get at least 8 hours of sleep. I know that this may be hard but it really is necessary so that the body can help to repair itself. The body repairs when you are sleeping so with too little sleep you body is never quite as good as it could be.
10. Apply mascara and liner only to upper lashes, to eliminate under eye smudging, which can make you look tired.